Here are highlights from the
Fundamental Wesleyan Society prayer retreat 2002.
- The FWS Prayer retreat was held in Wilmore, Kentucky at Asbury Theological Seminary.
- On Wednesday evening we gathered together at Faith United Community Church in Nicholasville, Kentucky, where Dr. Vic Reasoner serves as pastor. That evening Reverend Mark Horton shared on the subject of accountability and the Wesleyan model.
- The primary subject for discussion was eschatology. We wrestled with questions such as "Why should we be concerned with eschatology?" and "Are we living in the Last Days?"
- Some time was given to the discussion of a few highlights of Luke Tyerman's book on John Fletcher.
- During the business meeting the following was discussed:
- We decided to have a presence at The Society for Pentecostal Studies will meet jointly with the WTS at Asbury on March 20-22, 2003.
- The publishing projects, Dr. Reasoner's Commentary on Romans, and Al Stefan's manuscript as a devotional book using Wesleyan Theology.
- Financial needs of the FWS. We need to get some significant financial contributions in order to maintain our publishing vision.
- The need to finish the process of incorporating as a non-profit organization.
- We took a field trip to the Cane Ridge campgrounds. Cane Ridge was the first organized camp meeting in North America. Before the trip Joe McPherson shared a report on Cain Ridge.
- The Dates for our 2003 Prayer Retreat was set for June 11-13, at Asbury Theological Seminary.
Respectfully submitted by Rev. Andy Heer
Below are some pictures of the brethren as they stand around the statues of Bishop Asbury and the founder of Methodism the Rev. John Wesley which are located on the campus of Asbury Theological Seminary.